This weekend we released the lastest version of our 28 pin avr board. This version includes 7 improvements which we are pretty excited about.
The changes include:
- Updated external crystal block in ground plane for better isolation
- Updated AVCC block with room for bigger inductors
- 6 pin ISP interface in addition to the existing 10 pin interface
- 300mil (7.63mm) gap between I/O port and 5 hole protostrips. A resistor, piece of wire, dip switch
or other component of choice may be used to bridge this gap
- Power rails are double sided to allow for greater current
- Better pin layout for reset switch
- Clearer labelling of I/O lines
All in all these changes make a big improvement to what was already a great development board.