We just got some Ethernet modules and these are really amazing. They use an ENC28J60 ethernet controller and allow you to add ethernet connectivity to your next microcontroller project.
The module can be driven using a simple SPI interface and has many features including:
- IEEE 802.3 Compatible
- Fully Compatible with 10/100/1000Base-T Networks
- Integrated MAC and 10Base-T PHY
- Supports One 10Base-T Port with Automatic Polarity Detection and Correction
- Supports Full and Half-Duplex modes
- Programmable Automatic Retransmit on Collision
- Programmable Padding and CRC Generation
- Programmable Automatic Rejection of Erroneous Packets
- SPI Interface with Clock Speeds Up to 20 MHz
Why not have a read of the following articles and add an embedded web server to your next project.